I was so excited for A Reaper at the Gates to release and when I found out about this box, I was really excited to get it. Unfortunately, as hyped up as this box was, I wasn’t as in love with it as I thought I was going to be.
This box was the A Reaper at the Gates: Book Hangover Recovery Kit by FaeCrate. It was inspired by all things in the An Ember in the Ashes Series by Sabaa Tahir.
This box included:
- Laia’s Jam Lip Balm
- Laia of Serra’s armlet
- Sabaa Bookmark
- ‘Fear’ book sleeve by inLumosLibertas
- Night Bringer candle by Spidey Scents
- Blackcliff Academy Pennant Flag
- Nighbringer and Trio Tapestry with art by Gabriella Bujdosa
- Mooncakes Recipe Card
- A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir with a signed bookplate and author’s note
I’m not gonna lie. I’m slightly disappointed in this box. I’ll probably never use the book sleeve, the armlet will never be worn, the pennant and the tapestry (though it is gorgeous) will never be hung. Seeing what they’ve put in other monthly boxes and other exclusive boxes, I wish that they had put a bit more effort into the box with how much they asked for in price, or had filled it with things that would be better put to use.